This certificate can be mailed to you for free. Click the MAIL button on your MY AWARDS screen. A walnut plaque is now also available (not pictured here)
1. The eWAZ award has been established to provide an incentive to Amateur Radio operators to use eQSL.cc as their method of QSLing.
It is not associated with or endorsed by CQ Magazine in any way.
Do not contact CQ with questions about this award, because it is created and administered solely by eQSL.cc!
2. The eWAZ Award is available to Amateur Radio operators throughout the world who have EITHER:
3. Applicants can be individuals, or a club station, subject to Rule 14.
4. The eWAZ award is free. Free certificates will be available for downloading from eQSL.cc, once the AwardMaster has approved the application.
5. The recipient of the award can also request to have a free paper certificate mailed, suitable for framing. A walnut plaque can be ordered for $79.95 including shipping anywhere in the world.
6. When a user has met the eligibility requirements, the "Application" button in My Awards will become available.
7. The user may then fill out an application online which will be sent to the AwardMaster, who will confirm that all rules and requirements have been met.
8. Standings may be viewed at any time on the Standings page also available through the My Awards page. Certificates and plaques can be ordered from that page as well.
|Qualifying Proof of Contact|
9. Awards are available for proof of contact with all 40 of the CQ Zones.
10. Proof of contact is defined as an eQSL card received from another ham with an approved Authenticity Guaranteed certificate.
No credit will be given for eQSL cards sent. This is an important point.
11. To qualify, an eQSL cannot have been rejected by the recipient prior to issuance of the award, and cannot have been retracted by the sender due to an error.
12. Proof of two-way communication (contacts) must be in the form of retrievable eQSL cards.
eQSL cards that have been deleted from the eQSL.cc database will not be accepted as proof of contact.
13. No proofs of contact other than eQSL cards posted to the eQSL.cc database will be permitted.
14. All eQSL cards used as proof of contact must be posted in the eQSL.cc database to one or more callsigns owned by the applicant.
In the case of multiple callsigns, these must be attached to each other and must meet all other requirements of these rules.
The purpose of combining credit from multiple attached accounts is to allow a ham to apply for the award even if he moved or operated under different callsigns.
15. Contacts may have been actually made at any date in the past so long as an eQSL card has been posted
to the applicant, who held a valid amateur radio license with that callsign on the date of the QSO.
16. The term "CQ Zone" as used in this award shall consist of one of the 40 zones defined by CQ Magazine.
17. All contacts must be made with amateur stations working in the authorized amateur bands or
with other stations licensed or authorized to work amateurs.
18. Contacts made through repeaters, satellites, and other power relay methods are permitted,
and stations contacted may be either land-based or mobile from automobiles, ships and boats, or aircraft,
so long as they were within the official boundaries of the CQ Zone indicated in their profile during the contact.
However, because of the unfair advantage Internet-Linked QSOs (such as IRLP, EchoLink, or eQSO) have over pure RF QSOs, they cannot be counted for this award.
19. All stations must have been contacted by the applicant from within the same CQ Zone.
The location of any station shall be defined as the location of the transmitter.
For the purposes of this award, remote operating points must be located within the same CQ Zone as the transmitter.
20. The use of fraudulent eQSLs for fictitious contacts may result in disqualification of both the applicant and the sender of the eQSL card.
Any holder of an eWAZ award who knowingly submits fraudulent eQSLs will forfeit the right to continued eWAZ membership.
21. Any person who fraudulently registers himself as another person in order to create eQSL cards
will be disqualified as above.
22. The AwardMaster will have sole discretion to accept or deny applications for the eWAZ awards, based on available evidence
supporting or denying the validity and authenticity of confirmation eQSLs.
23. The AwardMaster will have final authority over any disputes regarding this contest, and may amend the rules at any time to provide further clarification of disputed or unclear issues.
24. The management of eQSL.cc will appoint the AwardMaster.
|History of Revisions|
|02Feb2006 Clarified IRLP and EchoLink exclusions in Rule 18|
|03Apr2006 Changed "IRLP and EchoLink" reference to more generic "Internet-linked"|
|15Jul2006 Added walnut plaque|